Monday, September 29, 2008

Ughh it's Monday

I have a lower lumber sprain. It happened several weeks ago. See, I'm a real clutz and fell down my stairs. Not once but twice! My sciatic nerve is inflammed and the L1 and L2 are hating me at the moment. I went to the chiropractor for an adjustment this morning and start physical therapy on Thursday. I'm suppose to be relaxing LOL! A mother of three children does NOT relax! I just want R-E-L-I-E-F at this point.
I received a phone call at 1:45 today from my oldest child. It seems he was on his way to lunch and didn't have any lunch money. I put plenty of money in his general account three weeks ago. I told him I'd pick him up and get him fed. Upon picking him up from school I find out he's been using his lunch money for cookies, brownies, ice cream and gatorade in addition to his plate lunch. Now I know why $100 didn't feed him for an entire month. Looks like he'll be packing a lunch from now on. It's like he believes that money just appears in that account.
I made our first meal with our Angel Food Ministries box tonight. We had teriyaki beef with stir fry vegetables and whole grain rice. I took the steaks and cut them into strips, made a teriyaki sauce and tossed it in the crockpot. Added the veggies about 30 minutes before dinner and prepared the rice. I must say I was impressed with the quality of the sirloin strip steaks. The meat was very tender and the flavor was great! The husband still isn't home so we'll see what he has to say about dinner. He better like it because it's his lunch tomorrow as well. :)
As for my budget...I didn't spend one penny today so today has been successful! Let's see how well the husband did. Well, it's time to study greek vocabulary words again and start the bathing, bedtime rituals. I have survived Monday, let's hope Tuesday is better. Auf wieder sehen!

No comments: